Home News Facebook set to add official music videos from artists to take on YouTube 

bannerebay

Facebook set to add official music videos from artists to take on YouTube 

by ace

Facebook wants to add licensed music videos from artists like Beyonce and Katy Perry in an attempt to launch on YouTube

  • Facebook is set to add official video clips to its Facebook Watch section
  • The change allows the site to compete with YouTube, in addition to posting more ads
  • Users can share, comment and react to clips, as well as other videos on the site

Facebook challenged YouTube by adding licensed video clips to its social media platform.

The Mark Zuckerberg-owned company recently partnered with several major music companies for the new feature, including Sony Music, Universal Music and Warner Music Group.

The clips will be added to Facebook Watch, as well as to artists’ pages, allowing users to share, comment and react – just like any other video on the site.

However, the move would allow Facebook to post even more video ads on its platform.

Facebook challenged YouTube by adding licensed video clips to its social media platform. The clips will be added to Facebook Watch as well as to artists’ pages, allowing users to share, comment and react to

Facebook is known to be a social media impersonator – he picked up a Snapchat page with his stories and also tried to replicate TikTok with his failed Lasso.

Now it looks like the social media giant is eyeing YouTube.

TechCrunch reported earlier this month that Facebook was preparing to release licensed music videos in the US, due on August 1.

The launch includes videos from artists like Bob Marely, Elton John, Jonas Brothers and Nicki Minaj – and the licensing agreements are similar to those on YouTube.

Facebook is known to be a social media impersonator - he picked up a Snapchat page with his stories and also tried to replicate TikTok with his failed Lasso.

Facebook is known to be a social media impersonator – he picked up a Snapchat page with his stories and also tried to replicate TikTok with his failed Lasso.

Facebook also plans to offer exclusive, first-look video content with the new feature.

Although the social media giant managed to clone other platforms, it failed to launch its version of TikTok.

Earlier this month, the company revealed that it had plans to shut down Lasso after the one-and-a-half-year-old app did not take off with young users.

Lasso, which allows account holders to post 15-second videos, has been heralded as the social media giant’s response to its competitor in China.

But it was mired in trouble from the start, with its developer Brady Voss leaving Facebook just six days after its launch.

It was only launched in the US and South America, with suspicious plans to release Europe and India on hold.

Facebook confirmed its plan to close the application for MailOnline. A spokesman said: ‘We place a lot of bets across our family of apps to test and learn how people want to express themselves.

Facebook also plans to offer exclusive, first-look video content with the new feature

Facebook also plans to offer exclusive, first-look video content with the new feature

‘One of those tests was Lasso, our small format video app, which we decided to shut down and remove from all app stores on 10 July.

“We thank everyone who shared their creativity and feedback with us, who we will try to incorporate into other video experiences.”

Facebook may have failed with its TikTok clone, but the original platform is currently in hot water after being considered a national security threat.

President Donald Trump is grappling with the decision to ban the Chinese-owned app in the U.S.

‘We are looking at TikTok. We may be banning TikTok, ” Trump told reporters at the White House on Friday.

“We are looking for many alternatives to TikTok.”

Advertising

banneraliexp

Related Articles

Leave a Comment

seventeen − 7 =

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More