1. Eat protein at every meal, including breakfast.
2. Eliminate wheat- and flour-based products for the time being. And yes, that definitely includes bread and pasta.
3. Eat unprocessed foods. Ninety percent of what you eat should be a combination of (in this order of importance) raw vegetables, steamed vegetables, whole grains, lean protein, and maybe a few fruits if necessary.
4. Reduce starch to one portion a day, and don’t eat that portion during your evening meal. Best choices are beans, sweet potatoes, and oatmeal.
5. Don’t overdo fruit: one a day maximum, and only the low-sugar, high-fiber variety. Apples, pears, plums and berries all are good choices. For now, fruit should be eaten alone or with something light, like low fat nuts. Lose the fruit juice completely.
6. Reduce or eliminate dairy for the time being, especially cow’s milk. Exceptions: reasonable amounts of low sugar, fat free yogurt.
7. Lose the booze. Despite what the “studies” say, you lose no health benefits by giving up alcohol (including wine). There is nothing essential in alcohol that you can’t get in fruits and vegetables without all the bad side effects that go along with it.
8. Stop using vegetable oils such as sunflower, safflower and corn. The supermarket kind is highly refined, and it oxidizes easily when heated, contributing to arterial plaque. Use olive oil instead, and apply it to food after the food is cooked when possible.
9. Watch which types of fat you’re eating. The amount of fat you eat is probably less important than the kind of fat you eat. The worst are fried foods, margarine and foods that contain hydrogenized or partially hydrogenized oils. The best is omega-3, found in fish and flaxseed oil.
10. Obsessively drink water: At least 8 ounces for every 20 pounds of body-weight you’re now carrying around, each day. Every day. No excuses.
Tired Of Not Being Able To Lose Weight, Read These Ideas!
There are so many questions that should be answered when you are seeking to find the very best of weight loss information. Wading though all of the abundance of information can become confusing and tiring quickly. Below we have compiled some easy tips for making the most of your personal weight loss journey.
Keep little packs and boxes filled with healthy snacks around your house and take some with you when you go out. Every time you crave for fast food or a snack, eat your little pack of dried fruits or nuts. This will provide you with a healthy alternative to unhealthy snacks.
Don’t try to eliminate all the carbohydrates from your diet to stay healthy. Yes, some carbohydrates can cause problems, but they are an essential food group and you need to include them in your diet. Just make sure you are eating the right kind. Focus on eating fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
Losing weight is easier if you eat a high fiber diet. Fiber fills you up and is good for your health, too. By eating a diet rich in fiber, you won’t miss the calories being cut out, because you will feel full longer after each meal compared to having a meal low in fiber.
Trying to lose weight, Try cutting out meat. In general, vegetarians are leaner and lighter than meat eaters. There is much less saturated fat in fruits, vegetables and legumes than there is in animal products. Try skipping the burgers and the hot dogs, and you are likely to drop a few pounds.
When you are trying to lose weight, focus on the positives about food, not the negatives. Don’t think about cutting out the “bad” foods; think about all of the good things on the healthier foods you’ll be eating. This will make you feel better about the food choices you’re making, instead of regretting the loss of the junk foods.
A tip that may help you lose weight is to save a little bit of food when you eat a meal. By saving just a little bit of a meal, you’ll be taking in less calories than you normally would, and you’ll also be saving food for later.
One of the most important factors in successful weight loss is daily exercise, yet it’s also the one of the hardest things for people to maintain. But, it doesn’t have to be so difficult! All you need is just 30 minutes a day of cardiovascular activity to start you on the right track. You can even break it up into two 15 minute sessions.
It is extremely important to get enough sleep if you want to lose weight. Not getting enough sleep can cause you to gain weight because it can cause your metabolism to slow down and simply make you tired! It is easier to eat foods with more calories when you are tired in an attempt to give yourself more energy to get through the day. Get an adequate amount of sleep each night and your energy will skyrocket.
Allow yourself one small treat a day, such as a cookie or a few small chocolates. Knowing you won’t be completely deprived of your favorite indulgences will make it easier to stick to your diet overall. Additionally, you may enjoy this food more than usual if you make it a once-a-day reward, rather than mindlessly snacking on sweets at will.
Using the tips above you will find that living a healthier, and skinnier, life will be far easier than you ever imagined. Every person’s journey to healthy living is unique, but these ideas are universal. If you keep the ideas in mind, you will see how successful simplicity can be.